Pages

Sunday 30 May 2010

Brighton Rock // Queen

I have quite a lot to catch up on! Expect a few blogs over the next few days..

On Sunday we headed down to Brighton to celebrate Mister Chay's birthday. We picnicked on the beach.. well as we'd already been away mine and Jonny's picnic consisted of burgers and chips from Grubbs. I highly reccomend it if you're in need of a filth fix. It's a must-do for any trip to Brighton.


The other must-do for any beach trip is ice creams! Suprisingly, it was only me and Becci that fancied one. You know the kind I'm talking about. Not real ice cream. That miscellaneous stuff that unfurls out of a machine.


I had two flakes. I realise now this is quite greedy. Becci wanted butterscotch sauce but the man had only strawberry or chocolate. She was very dissapointed, and while she struggled on with eating the sauceless ice cream you could see how distressed she was.








After mooching and doing poi and going in the freezing-icicles-of-death sea we all packed up and headed for the pier. We went on the little rollercoaster.


And then we went on the Waltzer. I love a good waltzer. Especially after beer and ice cream.

Then to the pub for some horrendously bad food and service (I was behaved and didn't complain or moan, as Jonny pinched me). I was by now tired. The plan was to head on to a club event reggae thing. Which isn't my cup of tea, but I fully intended to go in order to not look like a grumpy mare that won't do anything that involves something she doesn't like.. but we were tired so four of us headed for the train.


We picked up crepes on the way. While they were impressively cooked and looked really really nice, the batter was odd tasting and chewy. All the nice stuff dripped to the bottom of the cone that they'd been plonked in. That was dissapointing. I think next time I'll just get a second icecream.


Wow. Reading that you wouldn't think that I had a massively awesome day. It was so much fun. Especially the rollercoasters.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm yum. Me too! And nice work on the pics Jonny :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mattius Brandlewoodideedee9 June 2010 at 20:23

    Wow O_o some of these are really quite good. One'd think you're a proper photographer or something.

    ReplyDelete