Pages

Monday 3 May 2010

Sugar Sugar // The Archies

I've had a very lazy bank holiday weekend. Though I did cook for 8 people at my house in an impromptu dinner party. I made a risotto! It was the first one I'd ever made. I think it was ok, it all got polished off. So did the black bottomed cupcakes I'd made for pudding.
They were exactly the same as last time, but without the raspberry cream. I had to keep it simple you see. I had a lot to make. I had also dragged out my bread maker and whipped up a loaf to serve warm. I think people prefered that to the risotto!

On Saturday I'd read the lovely Penny's blog, Penelope's Pantry. She'd been making cinnamon rolls out of her leaven starter. And since then I'd been craving something cinnamonny. Which is crazy and wrong, as I am one of the rare people that can't stand cinnamon, ever since going to a party when I was younger and getting rather trollied on home-made cinnamon wine.

So today I decided I needed to make something, and it needed to contain cinnamon. I turned to the Hummingbird Bakery Book again. I don't know why. It's strange for me to use a book so much that isn't Mary Berry. Especially when I've had to edit quite a few of the recipes during use.
I picked the banana and cinnamon muffins. And I doubled the mix so that I could eat some and still take enough to work tomorrow.

I ended up with tonnes of mix. I made 24 muffins and one massive muffin cake after panicking and just shoving it in the first oven proof thing to hand.

They are a bit dense and chewy and the paper cases don't peel satisfyingly off. The cake is a bit flat as the tin I picked out was huge. But they have fulfilled my cinnamon needs. Hopefully for a while.

In other news, I am going on a proper diet. I feel like if I write it here then I will have to do it.

1 comment:

  1. The Lads at work5 May 2010 at 21:30

    Its always a good sign when Libby posts an update about making things, it usually means we get to try them the next day at tea break. Can we have choc chip next time please ?

    ReplyDelete