Pages

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Killing in the Name // Rage Against The Machine

Jonny told me yesterday that a new cupcake shop had opened in kingston. We've had a spat of openings over the past few months, but none very interesting. I'm interested to see how this new one does, as it's in a crap spot. The cafe that was there before did terribly.

I wandered down in my lunchbreak today, and was dissapointed to find that it's not anything new - but a chain. I'd been to the one in Kingly Court about a year ago.

Candy Cakes

So the new one in Kingston looks like everything a trendy cake shop should. All blues and pinks, cute little pouffes to perch on next to colourful little tables.
I went in.. and Killing in the Name was playing on the radio.
This made me laugh quite a bit, and I got odd looks from the staff at the counter.
I know that they just had a radio station on, and Rage was playing because of the Christmas number one chart battle.
Now, I'm all for some RATM, but in a cake shop? Maybe it's just a personal thing but I'd want the music to be as cute as the cakes.
The staff seemed a bit clueless, but I think the shop has only been open a few days, so for now we'll let that go.
I got three cakes, in the name of research. Unfortunately they could only tell me what one of them was.



I was dissapointed that they only wrapped them individually in plastic, not in a box like all the ones they had on display.



J and I split a blueberry cheesecake muffin, which had a lovely softness to it, and was crammed with blueberrys. There was a large splodge of sweet cream cheese in the middle. The only let down was the pink water icing. I know that muffins are never going to look that interesting unless you stick a whole sheet of shocking colour over the top, but the sweetness that it brought was just wrong. It just tasted like sugar. Jonny disagreed and said it doesn't really effect the overall taste.



After only half, I felt a bit sick. I had just had a big lunch though.
I can't really moan about the costs, these 3 came to £8.70, though looking at the receipt the pricing seems to be a bit random and we can't work out what cost what.
I'd hope that it's a reasonable cost, I can't seem to find any information about where or how they're made, and what with.
I've got the chocolatey looking nougat one in my bag for later and left the pink cupcake with a nasty looking Christmas tree on top for Jonny. If there are any further revelations we'll report back, but I doubt Candy Cakes will be replacing my usual lunch-time treats of macarons or percy pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment