Pages

Friday 11 December 2009

Swinging on a Star // Big Dee Erwin

Christmas cake #2

I was left in the house alone to decorate the second cake, which is my present to my Uncle, who is staying for the night.
Having the house to myself allowed me a bit of time to rock out, then get down to the cake dec. I was very relaxed about this one... and it went very well! The marzipanning and sugar pasting were the best I've ever done.
I was quite shocked by this and remained completely uninspired for the detail until J arrived.
And look at what we made!!!



I'm so immensely chuffed. It was so satisfying, removing layers of icing, filling in, removing, filling in. I imagine I'll repeat this design for one or two of the other cakes I have to do, the only change I'd make would be to put less colouring in so the blue is more icy.

No comments:

Post a Comment