Pages

Monday 5 April 2010

The Rabbit Hole // In This Moment

I'm laid up in bed being ill and pathetic. Which is fine, as it is a bank holiday and I had no plans. I forced myself to get up to find some food and the Doctor Who easter egg my brother and niece gave me looked massively inviting. Especially as it came with marshmallows. So it is now sat next to me in the form of hot chocolate waiting to be drunk.
I hope Jonny won't mind as we were meant to share this egg, but I'll give him some of another one to make up for it.

Yesterday we had a big family lunch, and for pudding I did the unthinkable and baked a cheesecake. I wouldn't have done this if I'd chosen the pudding, but I rather stupidly said to Mum 'find something I haven't done before and buy the stuff and I'll do it.'

I am in general very anti baked cheesecake as I've never had a good one. They get a skin on when you bake them, and I just think it would be so much nicer if left to chill.
My one was tasty, but I couldn't eat the edge as it did get a skin on it. Also because by the time I got to that bit I was stuffed and overdone. I'd served up Libby sized portions and really the only one who could finish them easily was my big brother, who is in training for the marathon.

After lunch we had the egg hunt where Mum and Dad hide eggs around the back of our house (I'd love to be able to say garden one day) and we all manage to find enough childish excitement to go and find them.

On the egg front I got more than I ever would have done when I was a child. It was one big egg and the hunt back then. This year I got the one from brother, a percy pig one from my parents, a small lindt bunny from my parents, a cow from Jonny and the other lindt bunny from Jonny's mum.
It is not a good thing.

And Doctor Who is back on TV! I was nervous but enjoyed it a lot, I think I'll get used to Matt Smith as the Doctor, but still managed to count all the things he said that Ten also said and cried a little bit when they showed all the past Doctors.

It has been a good Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment