Pages

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Oliver's Army // Elvis Costello

I was taken for a fantastic supper last night by one of my beautiful friends. We went to Jamie's Italian in Kingston, which I've been to once before. I think when I went with Jonny fund guilt kicked in and we didn't have pudding. But last night I was practically forced into it. You can't get a better friend than one that'll make you eat pudding.
We shared a tuscan chocolate and hazelnut cake which came with poached fruits, and 3 scoops of icecream with a double helping of crushed cinder toffee on top. We had prune and armagnac, vanilla and third I can not remember - that could have had something to do with the wine.
The prune ice cream was lovely, and the honeycomb topping was perfect.
The tuscan chocolate and hazelnut cake was to die for, soft and warm and nutty, with a dark chocolate sauce.

I left feeling completely content and very full. I feel like I have a duty to go back and try the bakewell tart and the tiramisu.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like a dreamy pudding. I've gone into a bit of a trance just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete